Friday, October 27, 2017

Day Fifteen: Swiss Alps
Today was about transportation and fun. I realized that in traveling from Geneva to Zurich, I’d have to pass near the Swiss Alps. Why not spend the day there? So I went from Geneva to Interlaken and then up all the way to the highest altitude railway in Europe.

Jungfraujoch took 16 years to build, finished on January 8, 1912. It is 3571 meters high, 11,782 feet.

Well, I’ll just let some of the pictures speak for themselves.


It was about 35 degrees so it wasn’t too cold. They have built a lot of great things to do up there. Tunnels take you from one area to another.

There is even zip lining up there.

Oh, yes I did!

They have an ice palace with beautiful sculptures.

For some reason I wanted to have a Coke when I saw this one.

Anyone dare me???!!

A great photo op.

I even made some friends.

And anyone recognize this guy?

I’ve never been down an ice hallway before. Don’t slip!
There’s even wildlife up here.

Did you know that a tennis, a football, a cricket, a boxing and a basketball match as well as a 100 meter race have all been held on this mountain? Here’s a picture of Tony Parker playing some basketball up here.

Then on to the plateau where the Swiss flag is raised.

And some more stunning views.



I know someone that would like to climb some of that ice!

There’s even a Lindt Chocolate factory up there!

Coming back down I took a gondola

With some more great views

What a day of pure fun and relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment